Tuesday 7 March 2017

Let’s go fishing, who’s got the tacklebox?

Let’s go fishing, who’s got the tacklebox?

Más o menos
Source: Flickr

Well it’s that time of year again, time to dust off the rod and real, clean up the fishing lures that you forgot about last year, and buy a new pair hip boots. That’s right my friends, its fishing season. Time to get the beer in the cooler, load up the truck, hitch the boat, and get out to your favorite watering hole.

One of the things I like to do at the start of a new fishing season is pick up some new tackle. You see, I’ve spent all winter surfing the Internet for the best deals on the latest worms, floats, rods, and reels. Why? Who else am I to blame for last year’s failures? Who am I going to blame for the one that got away if not that lure that I had to buy at the start of last years season?

Like I said, I spent a lot of time online this winter looking at some of the latest and greatest equipment for our favorite sport. And while you can’t make it more complicated than depth finders, there seems to be resurgence in getting back to basics. I’ve seen a lot of ads for vintage lures, especially for trout fisherman. Old bamboo rods have become big again in some areas and it seems more and more people are enjoying the sport of angling than ever before.

But what makes a fisherman I ask myself, it’s got to be the fact that I have to make two trips to the truck just for all my tackle since you never know when you are going to need the skinny minnow in red instead of in purple, or maybe it’s black, oh I don’t remember. Maybe that’s why the 15 pound bass is still in the lake and not on my wall.

Well, whatever the reason, here’s to having a great fishing season!



source http://allofbeer.com/2017/03/07/lets-go-fishing-whos-got-the-tacklebox/

No comments:

Post a Comment